If working with associations in EPiServer commerce (e.g accessories or related products) and wonder which associations are active – just look in the tables CatalogAssociation and CatalogEntryAssociation.
WHERE Associationname LIKE '%Free%'
The column CatalogAssociationId indicates the foreign key in CatalogEntryAssociation table.
FROM [MyCommerceDB].[dbo.[CatalogEntryAssociation] where CatalogAssociationId = 123
Replace 123 with your CatalogAssoicationId.
Key files and controls
Overview of cart object
Accessing/adding cart items
Workflows/How totals are calculated
The workflow updates a number of properties of the Cart to indicate various totals. These properties allow you to easily display the price for a line item, the discount amount, and the after-discount-price. These include
Cart.SubTotal is the total for the cart, after discounts are applied.
LineItem.ListPrice is the price before discount
LineItem.ExtendedPrice is the price for a lineitem, given the quantity of the item and applicable discounts.
LineItem.LineItemDiscountAmount is the total amount of discount for a LineItem.
Thank you Arild Henrichsen!
If you need some code for:
Handling EPiServer users and roles in EPiServer 5 and 6.
– Retrieving users
– Authenticating users (login/logout)
– Creating and deleting users
– Creating, assigning and deleting roles/groups
– Retrieving/setting user profile properties
– Access rights for users and roles
Epinova QA checklist for EPiServer CMS 6 projects
Sharing our comprehensive QA checklist for EPiServer 6 projects, based on best practices, experience and common sense. The checklist covers development, usability and deployment.
One hidden little feature that is nice to know about is the filesummary.config file. When you edit a file in EPiServer’s File Manager, you can edit the data for that file (simply right-click on the file and choose Edit File Summary).
(0. Setup the CMS site as usual in IIS)
1. Add “Commerce Manager Site” in IIS, Commerce version 1 is NET 2.0 app pool , point to “Manager” folder of EPiServer Commerce. E.g “MySiteCommerceManager” for project MySite: C:\Projects\MySite\Solution Items\CommerceManager”
for instance the same hostname as the CMS site e.g MySite.local but use port 8080 in IIS.
2. Add various “virtual directories”:
E.g from this path:
(PS. folders _cmsbase and _cmsctrls is removed from EPiServer Commerce 7.0+)
3. Set config files paths for c: to correct places.
(in Visual Studio shift+ctrl+f) search for “c:” look in “entire solution ” look at these files types: *.config
e.g VPP – in commerce/manager/configs/baf.config
4. Make sure Commerce licene is in place:
At Manager root folder AND in webste root folder. Important! can for instance make it impossible to add items to cart in website (just redirects to startpage or similar strange error).
Errors and problems:
Can’t find error template “StoreClosed.htm”
– Setup the correct virtual directories for manager site:
Assembly Episerver.Commerce, Episerver.Licensing couldnt be found
– Add assemblies to the manager bin folder.
– Add EPiServerCommerceLicense.config to webroot of manager site AND to website root.