You can test out a simple HTML/Angular/front-end/ASP.net/nodejs based website real quick and simple on Azure for free.
(This is what i did to test out an Angular app real quick)
- Make sure you have a free Azure Account
- Login to Azure portal: https://portal.azure.com/
- Create a new resource “Web app”
- Choose new resource group “WebDemo” (or use an exsisting)
- Set web app name
Will get this address: http://[myappname].azurewebsites.com/
- Runtime stack: ASP.NET 4.7 (this will work fine for Angular/html frontend web sites app etc)
- Region: Select region closest to you
- SKU and size: Under the “Dev/Test” tab i choose the F1 shared infrastructure (free to use 60 min/day “compute” time)
Next, next, when finished on the App Service “Overiew” tab you will see this information:
Use it to deploy the website with your favorite FTP client.
Deploy to folder /site/wwwroot on the server.
See this post regarding setting up FTP access credentials: http://blog.wsoft.se/2018/04/20/accessing-azure-web-app-with-ftp/