(Export the db from the Azure Portal first). And the SQL Server Management studio 17.
Initially imported into SQL Express 2014 but got some warnings/errors regarding the import, so SQL 2016 works better.
1. Access to a bacpac file locally / on azure storage
2. Use the UI wizard in Management Studio. (See below)
- Connect to the instance of SQL Server, whether on-premise or in SQL Database.
- In Object Explorer, right-click on Databases, and then select the Import Data-tier Application menu item to launch the wizard.
- Complete the wizard dialogs: Introduction Page. Import Settings Page.
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 – The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.
Solved the error by setting TrustServerCertificate=false in the connectionstring.