(0. Setup the CMS site as usual in IIS)
1. Add “Commerce Manager Site” in IIS, Commerce version 1 is NET 2.0 app pool , point to “Manager” folder of EPiServer Commerce. E.g “MySiteCommerceManager” for project MySite: C:\Projects\MySite\Solution Items\CommerceManager”
for instance the same hostname as the CMS site e.g MySite.local but use port 8080 in IIS.
2. Add various “virtual directories”:
E.g from this path:
(PS. folders _cmsbase and _cmsctrls is removed from EPiServer Commerce 7.0+)
3. Set config files paths for c: to correct places.
(in Visual Studio shift+ctrl+f) search for “c:” look in “entire solution ” look at these files types: *.config
e.g VPP – in commerce/manager/configs/baf.config
4. Make sure Commerce licene is in place:
At Manager root folder AND in webste root folder. Important! can for instance make it impossible to add items to cart in website (just redirects to startpage or similar strange error).
Errors and problems:
Can’t find error template “StoreClosed.htm”
– Setup the correct virtual directories for manager site:
Assembly Episerver.Commerce, Episerver.Licensing couldnt be found
– Add assemblies to the manager bin folder.
– Add EPiServerCommerceLicense.config to webroot of manager site AND to website root.